Here's what we're working on.
We pride ourselves being the only system with customer driven development. This means that you, our customers, let us know what we should be working on.
So, here's what we're working on.
Becoming the Best Accounting Platform
Currently we are re-engineering our entire accounting platform. We believe that accounting is arguably the most important aspect of any program and we want Contractor's Cloud to be the best. Especially with QuickBooks!
Many of you are waiting for our QuickBooks online integration to be released. We certainly understand the urgency and are committed to making this happen soon. But in order for us to feel good about releasing this integration, we need to feel good about our accounting platform.
Therefore, we have committed most of resources to make this happen as quickly as possible.
It's been tough, but we are using the best aspects from both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online to build our new interfaces.
Ideally, we want to make our interfaces, look like, feel like, and operate like QuickBooks, which ultimately makes it easier for you. Here is a list of general benefits for the upgrade:
- New interfaces will look and feel like QuickBooks
- Larger resolution to make it easier to read
- Full page responsive design. Will adapt to any device.
- Less clicks to perform an action
- More transactional and financial information at a glance
- More consistant accounting nomenclature
- Faster, easier, and more robust reporting
Our New Invoice Interface
- Incorporating Quantity and Rate calculations for individual line items
Our New Credit Memo Interface
- Replaces a currently wonky credit memo interface
- Makes it easier to understand and report actual revenue
Our New Payment Interface
- Pay multiple invoices with one payment
- Will be easier to pay invoices from anywhere within Contractor's Cloud
- Operates just like the QuickBooks Receive Payment Interface
Our Refund Interface
- Replaces a currently wonky refund interface
We are working hard to get this upgrade released as quickly as possible. However, we are taking our time to make sure that everything is as good as it can be before releasing. We understand that everything needs to work and work perfectly upon release. Here is our plan for the release:
- We'd like to release the new interfaces, upgraded reports, upgraded ranking and goal interfaces, etc by early to middle Spring of 2017.
- A fully operational test version of Contractor's Cloud will be implemented to allow you to test drive everything prior to a full production release. This gives you an opportunity to become familiar with the new interfaces and provide feedback that can be worked into the upgrade.
- You will be notified in advance prior to any production release.
- Once released and fully operational, we will complete our QuickBooks Online integration. Portions of our QuickBooks Online integration will be a 2-way sync.
- We will be reworking our QuickBooks Desktop integration to try and incorporate some 2-way syncing features.
- We will upgrade the Bills/Expenses functions to the new style and format.
New Billing Interface
We are upgrading our billing interface to make it easier and more automatic for you to manage your Contractor's Cloud invoices and payments.
By now, you may have noticed that emails are looking a little different coming out of Contractor's Cloud. This is the first phase of our new email platform. Once completed, this will set us up to allow you to do the following:
- Track emails (see received, open, blocked, bounced emails per job)
- Allow all job emails conversations to be recorded back into the job
- Set us up for our new email marketing feature. You will eventually be able to stay in better communication with your prospects and customers.
We are working on a ton of other super cool stuff, but due to their sensitivity, we are unable to give any details at this time.